Union County Welfare (Georgia)

Union County WIC Offices provide access to the Women, Infants, and Children nutritional program in Union County, Georgia. Union County WIC Offices process applications to join the Union County welfare program, provide nutrition education, and administer food services to eligible people. Pregnant and recently pregnant women, infants, and young children are eligible for the program if they meet income requirements and are at nutrition risk. Union County WIC Offices determine eligibility for benefits and accept applications, and they may conduct assessments for determining nutrition risk. WIC Office services may be available through their website.

Union County Health Department WIC Office Blairsville GA Chase Drive 30512 888-371-9288

Union County Food Stamp Offices administer the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), a form of nutrition assistance provided to income-eligible households in Union County, Georgia. Local Union County Food Stamp Offices can process applications for SNAP benefits, help determine eligibility for the program, and provide nutritional education. They also help administer monthly benefits, distribute food assistance benefits, and accept applications from individuals and Union County households. Food Stamp Offices in Union County may also monitor compliance with SNAP rules. Food Stamp Offices provide access to information and services on their websites.

Union County Division of Family and Children Services Food Stamp Office Blairsville GA Blue Ridge Highway 30512 877-423-4746

The Union County Social Services Department provides a range of health and human services and programs in Union County, Georgia. They often administer safety net programs, provide basic necessities, and protect children, the elderly, and dependent or vulnerable adults. Union County Social Services may administer assistance programs such as SNAP or TANF, as well as Medicare or Medicaid and any state health programs for low-income uninsured or underinsured groups. They may also provide Union County housing services, substance abuse and addiction services, energy assistance, and mental health services. Social Service Departments in Union County provide online access to many of their services and programs.

Union County Social Service Department Blairsville GA 163 Blue Ridge Hwy 30512 706-781-2381