Brown County Welfare (Kansas)

Brown County WIC Offices provide access to the Women, Infants, and Children nutritional program in Brown County, Kansas. Brown County WIC Offices process applications to join the Brown County welfare program, provide nutrition education, and administer food services to eligible people. Pregnant and recently pregnant women, infants, and young children are eligible for the program if they meet income requirements and are at nutrition risk. Brown County WIC Offices determine eligibility for benefits and accept applications, and they may conduct assessments for determining nutrition risk. WIC Office services may be available through their website.

Northeast Kansas Multi-county Board Of Health WIC Office Hiawatha KS 907 South 2nd Street 66434 785-742-2505

Brown County Food Stamp Offices administer the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), a form of nutrition assistance provided to income-eligible households in Brown County, Kansas. Local Brown County Food Stamp Offices can process applications for SNAP benefits, help determine eligibility for the program, and provide nutritional education. They also help administer monthly benefits, distribute food assistance benefits, and accept applications from individuals and Brown County households. Food Stamp Offices in Brown County may also monitor compliance with SNAP rules. Food Stamp Offices provide access to information and services on their websites.

Hiawatha Service Center Food Stamp Office Hiawatha KS 810 Oregon Street 66434 785-742-7186