Windsor County Welfare (Vermont)

Windsor County WIC Offices provide access to the Women, Infants, and Children nutritional program in Windsor County, Vermont. Windsor County WIC Offices process applications to join the Windsor County welfare program, provide nutrition education, and administer food services to eligible people. Pregnant and recently pregnant women, infants, and young children are eligible for the program if they meet income requirements and are at nutrition risk. Windsor County WIC Offices determine eligibility for benefits and accept applications, and they may conduct assessments for determining nutrition risk. WIC Office services may be available through their website.

Springfield Vermont Department of Health WIC Office Springfield VT 100 Mineral Street, 104 05156 802-885-5778

White River Junction Vermont Department of Health WIC Office Hartford VT 118 Prospect Street, 300 05001 802-295-8820

Windsor County Food Stamp Offices administer the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), a form of nutrition assistance provided to income-eligible households in Windsor County, Vermont. Local Windsor County Food Stamp Offices can process applications for SNAP benefits, help determine eligibility for the program, and provide nutritional education. They also help administer monthly benefits, distribute food assistance benefits, and accept applications from individuals and Windsor County households. Food Stamp Offices in Windsor County may also monitor compliance with SNAP rules. Food Stamp Offices provide access to information and services on their websites.

Hartford Economic Services Division Food Stamp Office Hartford VT 224 Holiday Drive 05001 800-479-6151

Springfield Economic Services Division Food Stamp Office Springfield VT 100 Mineral Street, 201 05156 800-479-6151

The Windsor County Social Services Department provides a range of health and human services and programs in Windsor County, Vermont. They often administer safety net programs, provide basic necessities, and protect children, the elderly, and dependent or vulnerable adults. Windsor County Social Services may administer assistance programs such as SNAP or TANF, as well as Medicare or Medicaid and any state health programs for low-income uninsured or underinsured groups. They may also provide Windsor County housing services, substance abuse and addiction services, energy assistance, and mental health services. Social Service Departments in Windsor County provide online access to many of their services and programs.

Springfield Social Service Department Springfield VT 100 Mineral Street, Ste 101 05156 802-885-8900